LIFE HAPPENS...HOW YOU REACT WILL DETERMINE THE OUTCOME.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas Tree

What better way to celebrate that the family will be home together for the holidays than to decorate the Christmas tree. Each year we usually go and pick a real tree because I love the smell. Of course, we are never able to afford a real tall one, so we joke about having a "Charlie Brown" tree. They are never taller than I am! This year a real tree is out of the question because of all the "junk" it has on it would put Odette at great risk. I have a great friend that knew this and called to tell me that she had our tree for us. It consisted of 2 1/2 yards of green butcher paper and numerous sparkly papers for the kids to make decorations. So, no Charlie Brown tree, we have the tallest tree we have ever had...almost goes all the way to our vaulted ceiling!
The kids all enjoyed cutting and pasting the decorations for the tree. Odette rolled all over attempting to get the tree and eat the ornaments. She was successful a couple of times to make it to the tree! (Yeah, this means she is trying to crawl!) Josselyn loves trying to reach the star on top- with the help of her daddy. Brandt and Kathleen of course enjoyed doing something crafty that didn't involve just crayons and paper. (This is all they have been able to use without mom home for supervision.)
The kids had so much fun making our tree this year that the comment was made, "We should do this every year!" It was tons of fun and a lot cheaper I am sure than buying a real tree, but I am sure it is just as messy as a real tree! (Garbage pick up should be easy though since it will fit in a garbage bag!!)
I am so thankful to so many of you who realize the little things in life that make such a big difference to my children and go out of your way to help them be able to experience life in a fun, new way! May your Christmas be Merry and Bright!!

2 comments: