I love to be creative!
For holidays, birthdays or motivation.
It has been quite a while since I did anything creative.
People keep telling me that I have been a little bit busy lately.
That is frustrating to me.
I want to do something using some "talent" I guess you would say.
Something that isn't just dishes or laundry.
While doing the dishes I had a thought.
The kids need some more routine now that school is back in.
We need to figure out how to get our chores done.
Along with everything else.
After having to keep the whole house clean when Odette was sick
we are all tired of the work.
Needless to say we slowed down some this summer.
To play instead.
Had to make up for some lost time.
Anyway, here was my moment of thought.
And the nice thing was is what I didn't already have a couple of friends donated or traded me!
It just took an hour of my time!
And the kids think they are great!
We put a star or smile or check when they are done with the job.
In the evening, they get a penny for each thing they did.
Every day they are rewarded.
I think that is key.
They decided they would put the pennies in a jar.
Once it is full, we will use the pennies to celebrate together.
Go get ice cream or pizza or to the movies...
depending on how many pennies they earn
and if I find a bigger jar!
Oops.
Left Help Mom off of Brandts.
Good thing he is such a great helper anyway!
Those are really cute. I need some!
ReplyDeleteSUPER cute! I love how you matched each font to each person. Doesn't it feel great to create? :)
ReplyDelete