I don't know if it is because of the past experiences at the hospital, or the fact that I know Odette is an AMAZING Child, but I wasn't worried at all when I had to go to the hospital today.
Usually I worry every time I take her into the hospital, even for a check up, and I have no fingernails left by the time we get there.
Getting tubes today went so very smoothly, even with the get up at 5:30 in the morning to be ready to go by 6.
Odette was so funny this morning when I got her up. First thing she said was, "I snack mommy?"
I felt bad telling her no, but then I told her, "After the hospital" and she replied, "Ok" and didn't even complain about being hungry the entire time.
Most of the hospital staff fell in love with her, as usual. She is so very easy to fall in love with. (I do it every day over and over again!)
She had tons of fun playing in the car, coloring and taking care of a baby doll. The only time she was sad was when the anesthesiologist pulled her back instead of me and it was just a tiny whimper.
She was only gone from me for 15 minutes when the doctor came out and said everything went smoothly and that "she is a cute little pumpkin." (Told you that no one can resist my petite beauty!)
Not even 5 minutes later she was awake and wanting her "cupy". She quickly downed 8 ounces of apple juice. Proceeded to try and run around to get the toys and the nurse said, "WOW, she recovers quickly. Why don't you go ahead and leave." Told you she was AMAZING!
She only said once today that she had an owie in her ear. Otherwise, she is being a monster chasing me growling, eating lots of ramen and tackling her "Jossie" sister. I wonder if she will calm down for a nap?
Oh yeah, we got upgraded to the yellow size socks. I guess that means she is growing a little!
Aryn told me we could write a little note to Odette and tell her, "she has a nice car." :D silly babies.
ReplyDeleteAryn still went through all the kids pictures and told me their names. Then she saw the car pictures and told me she had to go play with Odette now and the car.
She was also telling me some random story about her and Brandt Brandt yesterday. So funny, she doesn't forget her cousins even though we live so far away.
Hope you all are doing well.
She really is a cutie and a trooper. Hope the tubes help. Hey, call me we need to plan a time to go the the Candy Factory!!!
ReplyDelete