LIFE HAPPENS...HOW YOU REACT WILL DETERMINE THE OUTCOME.

Monday, April 4, 2011

A Dinosaur


When Odette finished her chemo treatment the doctors told me to be prepared.
She was going to get sick a lot.
Any kind of immunities that she had already had would most likely be gone and it would be like having a new born baby.
Do you know how many colds a new born is expected to get in the first year of life? Like 10 or more!
However, I had high hopes. I think if you didn't, you would drive yourself crazy with worry. Don't get me wrong, I worry my fair share.
Anyway, Odette has had her fair share of colds, which I think were causing her ear infections.
Once we got tubes I figured that some of our health issues would be resolved.
How very wrong that figuring was.
I thought that today would be the third ear infection. Nope, just super bad congestion which causes very low oxygen levels in the blood.
So, Odette got to be a dinosaur today and get a breathing treatment. The doctor said we would have to do these at home and asked about if I felt comfortable doing "doctor" stuff at home and if I knew what a home health company was. I about fell off the table from laughter! This, would be a cake walk.
Now we get to be a dinosaur at home, to which Josselyn is so very jealous! Maybe I will save the mask for Halloween for her!

2 comments:

  1. At least you know you have a future in the medical field when you're an old lady. :) Hope these breathing treatments help -- I'll keep my eyes out for a dinosaur mask for Joss! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mask is cute. Hope Odette is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete