LIFE HAPPENS...HOW YOU REACT WILL DETERMINE THE OUTCOME.

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Day


On Christmas Eve we have a tradition, like I am sure that most of you have as well and that is to have everyone get a new pair of PJ's to attempt to sleep in that night.  Amazing enough, this year I was still able to make the kids their pajamas.  Josselyn didn't want to wear hers because they were "too big"!  (They were exactly how they were suppose to be, but she has some serious touchy feely issues!)

In the morning the kids were given instructions not to wake us up until 5:30, which is when I have to get up to start Odette's medicines and feedings.  At exactly 5:30, the two big kids were in our room saying "get up, get up we want to see what Santa brought".  (I'm thinking to myself, you just walked through the living room where it all is, duh!)  I wasn't near fast enough for the kids!  Josselyn was also still asleep so we woke her up. At least she was happy because there was a pretend banana in her stocking, which is what she asked for!

Brandt got his Mt. Bike that he had been asking (more like begging) to have for over a year since he is "too big for my kid bike"!

Kathleen got all sorts of crafty, art stuff, which is her absolute favorite thing.  Mom is the one that doesn't like this stuff because it makes a huge mess with little pieces and I have to be a good supervisor/helper of the projects.  I think she got some stuff that I won't have to help as much with.  She has already loomed one hot pad!

Josselyn's favorite thing to do is play cooking in her kitchen.  With the help of a neighbor, we refinished a little table and two chairs.  They turned out great and Josselyn enjoyed the day feeding everyone her gourmet meals on her new dishes.

Odette loved everything and was way over stimulated!  She chewed on all her new little people toys and I am sure other things that she shouldn't have, but she was home and so happy!  She even ate red and green jello to celebrate--totally awesome!  (Now if the jello had all the nutrients plus 100 calories we would be in really good shape!)

For the biggest kid at home, Santa brought a nerf machine gun.  It was great fun for the entire family and now we have something to protect us from all of Brandt's weapons!  (Watch for a nerf gun war coming soon!)
Christmas Day was great this year.  Thanks to all of you who helped to make it wonderful.  I definitely still believe in Santa!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you had a lovely Christmas! You guys so deserve it!

    PS - Try making jello with juice instead of the cold water and see if she'll eat that - more nutrients!!!

    ReplyDelete