LIFE HAPPENS...HOW YOU REACT WILL DETERMINE THE OUTCOME.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

GI Test

Today Odette made a trip up to the hospital and actually came home in a two hour time frame! I have to admit that I was really worried that we would end up admitted because that is always how it has worked out.

Today Odette had an upper GI test done to see if they could find anything to explain her puking constantly, even though she hasn't had any chemo for three weeks now. She had to drink some dye, and much to my amazement, she drank it right out of the cup. When the doctor said that was enough, I took it away from her and she through a huge fit. I guess that we need all her food to taste as yucky as I am sure that dye stuff tasted! Anything that looks like chalk can't be that good. They won't know for sure the results until next week, but it didn't look like anything was out of the ordinary. I don't want anything wrong, obviously, but it sure would be nice to know how to slow or stop the barf.

2 comments:

  1. Shane had a GI test as well because of all his puking, that stuff they give them is nasty. Hope it turns out to be nothing and that the puking lets up. Is she still growing as she should?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the 'whirlwind' trip! I hope the puking stops soon!

    ReplyDelete