LIFE HAPPENS...HOW YOU REACT WILL DETERMINE THE OUTCOME.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Strong Enough

I am constantly being told that "You are so strong. I could never handle the things you are going through now."  For some reason, this comment really frustrates me.  Each of us is blessed with different strengths and weeknesses.  (Can you imagine how dull life would be if we were all the same?!)  Since we are all unique, we each have our own set of trials.  What I can do and what someone else can do are completely different, but each test will stretch us a little beyond our current abilities, teach us to love a little more than we would have and strengthen us.  You are strong enough for what you need to do.

I was thinking about this on Sunday during our Relief Society lesson.  It was about the Savior and how he suffered alone for each one of us.  Only he could suffer this way for us.  He was all alone and couldn't have anyone else do it for him, but thank goodness he was strong enough to do what he needed and wanted to do.  Each of us have things that only we can do, however, when we are suffering and we feel we are all alone, we need to remember we really aren't all alone, because he was strong enough and went through what we are going through right now.  He knows all of our emotions, thoughts, feelings and most importantly, our heart.  We may feel alone, but we are never alone, we just need to allow the Savior to pick us up and carry us.  We, together, are strong enough.

So, don't feel like you could never do what I have to do, because if you were asked to, you would be strong enough.  (I am praying you never have to go through what I am experiencing now.)  Be thankful that you are strong enough to grow in ways that you are asked to.  If you don't think you are, then ask-HE IS STRONG ENOUGH.

2 comments:

  1. Nicely said....and I agree completely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I hope I've never said that. I actually thought about this a lot while we were going through our little trial...it bothered me when people would say "God won't give you anything you can't handle." Um, actually, He does...that's why we need a Savior. If we could do it all on our own, why would we need the atonement?

    You're the best, Steph. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete