A few months ago when I knew that we would be going to Odette's regular check up the day after her one year of cancer free celebration, I knew that I wanted to do something to take to the other families who are traveling the hardest part of the cancer road right now. Since I have a bunch of girls, we thought we would make a bunch of hair bows. However, I didn't want to just drop them in a basket. Then I remembered one of the things that I had a hard time with was back then. You couldn't bring real flowers into the cancer part of the hospital. So, we made flowers that could be brought to the hospital. Thanks to a few friends, we got two pots made-one for the inpatients and one for the outpatients. I think that they are the prettiest bouquet of flowers! I think they were quite the hit. We attached a note from Odette.
Today Odette had to get her blood tested. Usually it isn't a big deal, but she totally freaked out and was screaming and crying. Didn't help that we had a new phlebotomist and he missed her vein the first time. However, Odette also had to have an echo done on her heart as well, just to check that all is still okay. It looked great and she lay perfectly still the entire 20 minutes!
We got similar news as yesterday from the oncology doctors.
Odette is just a little tike. She looks healthy and is very happy, but we are really concerned about her weight.
Instead of going to check ups every three months, we go back in two months to see if medicine is helping her to eat and discuss what Endo discovers in a couple of weeks. That was the hard part of the visit.
Today's appointment was awesome when we got to visit with some of our very favorite nurses and cleaning staff at the hospital. I am so thankful for the PCMC staff who is more than just friends, they are family and we love them!
No comments:
Post a Comment