I DO NOT LIKE THURSDAYS! At least for the moment. They are the day that I have to give Odette a dose of Metheltrexate. I absolutely think that this is the worst chemo drug there is. Each time she was given it in the hospital, granted it was a very high dose, but it took a couple of weeks for her to be able to hold anything down! Now, I just get her doing good, a puke or none a day and have to give her this drug and she pukes the rest of the day and a few times for a day or two afterward. How on earth am I ever suppose to get her to want to put food in her mouth and actually swallow it when I have to give her this?! At least it is just once a week and not every day like the other chemo I am giving her. It doesn't seem to be affecting her in any way, except she doesn't sleep very well...we are always down on the front room floor. (Why she can sleep there, but not in her crib is beyond me!)
Other than the puking, Odette has been doing really well being at home. She can almost crawl and it cracks me up to watch her kneel and then do a "boys" push-up and walk upward and throw herself forward. She thinks it is great because she can get to anything she wants, including Josselyn who use to be just far enough away to make her mad! She has the cutest giggle and loves to tease her siblings. Odette is also very smart, after all the watching she has been doing, she has been able to put her knowledge she has acquired into action! Any time someone says "no" or "don't" she will shake her head back and forth. She loves to wave bye-bye and give kisses to the kids at bedtime and smile for the camera. Her favorite words are dog and dad and I am pretty sure she can say Josselyn in her own dadadada language!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
sorry about the never ending puking! I was trying to think of tricks to get her to eat...only one thing came to mind and you have probably done it. Do you have that baby food toy thing that you put food in the net on top? Nice description, I know. That might work.
ReplyDelete