Today was our 5K Run/Walk with the Hopekids Organization. Each team was suppose to raise $100 to participate, $250 to earn shirts and then their was a grand prize for the team who raised the most. Lets just say that team Odette didn't even make it to the t-shirt level, but overall, all of Hopekids nearly met their goal of $40,000!
It was an awesome event that took place at This is the Place Monument. In all my years of living in Utah, I had never even been there. (I know, I need to get out a little more often!) That place is amazing--and has A LOT OF HILLS! Thankfully we have practiced walking around our neighborhood, or I don't think that I would have made it!!
The kids enjoyed (after I made them walk) train rides, panning for gold, seeing the animals, bouncing in the bounce house, playing with friends, balloon animals, seeing star wars people and princesses, face painting and eating tons of food! I'm not kidding when I say tons. Odette alone ate 3 pieces of pizza, 2 cotton candies, a cup full of chocolate bugles, some snow cone and some animal crackers! She was so obsessed with food that she didn't want to get out to play on anything! (Maybe we will reach our weight goal yet!) What an AMAZING event! What an AMAZING day!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment