LIFE HAPPENS...HOW YOU REACT WILL DETERMINE THE OUTCOME.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

You Never Know

YOU NEVER KNOW

You never know when someone 
May catch a dream from you.
You never know when a little word
Or something that you do
May open up the windows
Of a mind that seeks the light -
The way you live your life may not 
Matter at all.
But then you never know, it might.

And just in case it could be
That another's life, through you,
Might possibly change for the better
With a broader and brighter view,
It seems it might be worth a try
At pointing the way to the right -
Of course, it may not matter at all,
But then again--it might.


For all of you who have lived your life like you are supposed to, I thank you.  You have shed light in the darkness and given hope to the hopeless.  This post has been long in coming, but I just couldn't figure out how to say it and then I ran across this poem.  I am so thankful to so many people who live great, courageous and inspiring lives.  
These people have written to me very proud to say they donated blood.  To me, it was given to save a life and not just any life.  Not everyone can donate blood, but there are many children that need it every day.  
They have given money. This brought hope and lightened the financial burden.  People who didn't even know me, but had heard our story. They"saw a need and filled a need".  
Others who were inspired to serve other ways.  Someone had clicked on my blog through someone else's blog.  I quote her email:  "She suggested that for those who were looking for ways to help, they might consider making blankets for Primary Children's.  Well anyway, I was touched and took the idea to our National Honor Society leaders (I'm the faculty advisor) as a service project this year.  Last Friday we took the entire Honor Society to Primary and delivered 51 blankets we had made in honor of Odette.  It was a great experience all around!!  Please let Stephanie know that we loved doing it and hope that it helps little ones like Odette feel the love and concern others have for them - even if we don't know them personally."  I am pretty sure Odette used lots of homemade blankets made with love.
 

The way you live your life may not
Matter at all.
But then you never know, it might.

No comments:

Post a Comment