Odette
Has antibiotics four times each day which means that she is "tied" down and can't move as quickly as she would like. Hence she is grumpy unless I am lucky enough for her to sleep through it! For me, it means really late nights and early mornings. (On the bright side, I finished reading a book-haven't read a book in years- and crocheting a blanket while keeping myself awake during med time!) She also has done well with her speech therapy this week and ate a Tablespoon of rice cereal! Hurray! She also thinks it is funny to climb one stair, turn around and say "no-no" while shaking her head. She keeps me running-literally! I forgot--only 1 puke all week long! Josselyn
She is always my entertainer, but this week was a crack up! Our fridge broke, and so we had a repair man over. When he came in she looked at him and said, "Are you Santa Claus or what?" When he didn't answer, she said, "You must be a grandpa then." When our home nurse comes to take care of Odette, she is always "helpful". This time, she wouldn't quit hugging and kissing her. I had to pull her off, to which she responded, "You are the meanest momma ever" and ran up and slammed her bedroom door. (I thought I still had a few years before the serious drama began!) On Friday afternoon, she was changing her clothes and started just screaming and crying. She came down and I asked what was wrong. She told me a friend poked her ear with a stick (a friend she hasn't seen in weeks) and continued crying. After two hours of silly stories, none of which made any sense, and non-stop tears, we discovered she had an ear infection. 10 days of antibiotics for her. That should be a piece of cake-she loves to eat anything pink! Kathleen
She has been practicing her piano lots since the group of kids she takes lessons with will be performing at the school for music appreciation week. She is excited for this, but asked if she could sing instead? I guess I need to find a choir for the summer. She also went with her dad on Saturday, cosmic bowling with her girl scouts group. In her words it "was totally awesome". Now, I get to sew one more patch on her sash. We are also playing catch up on her spelling words. I had her write them three times each and it took 4 sheets of paper! She is getting really good at her cursive writing as well! Now if I could get her to keep her room cleaned up!Brandt
After not having his new glasses back for a few weeks because he broke them playing basketball the first day he had them, he was excited for a neighbor who picked them up for him. Then, the next day, I got a phone call from the school. Yes, Brandt had been playing basketball again. This time, he had hurt his hand and it was all swollen. After a trip to the doctors office and some X-rays, we discovered it wasn't broken, just jammed really good. His hand is still really bruised. He also got to go and see the new "Lightning Thief" movie. I asked if it was good and he responded, "The book is by far better, but the movie was awesome!" He also rearranged his room this week and has decided that I need to make him all new blankets because he wants them all to match each other......maybe in all my free time!
I have all of Kathleen's other patches she has earned I was waiting until you were home to bring them up, and then the week got away from me!
ReplyDeleteWow sounds like you have had a busy week! I loved reading all the updates on your kids!
ReplyDeleteI bet Josselyn would love the book Pinkalicious if she hasn't already read it. :)
ReplyDelete