I know that there is a reason that kids are at the hospital. They are very sick, at least here at the ICS unit. It is very frustrating and depressing for me at times here to see the beautiful children who strongly and bravely deal with "stuff" they should never have to deal with. All to often, the worst happens and my heart is left broken. In order to "heal" my heart, I am always asking, "Is there ever a Happy Ending? Please tell me the story so that I can have some hope to hold on to."
This week, I finally got to witness someones Happy Ending. She had been fighting AML for seven months. (Remember that treatment for the different cancers are all different.) She finished her last chemo a couple of weeks ago and has been home waiting for her counts to go up and get results from her last Bone Marrow Aspirate. They got the results and they were awesome! She is in remission-CANCER FREE, her counts are continuing to rise and she got her central line removed this week! I am so very happy for this family, that they have survived the nightmare of cancer and can have a bright beginning to life. I am so thankful that I now have a concrete happy ending to keep me inspired and my hope strong for our happy ending and an even brighter beginning!
If you would like to read her story, click HERE.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thank-you for sharing that. It is such a incredible experience to be here in this moment of time. Being able to look back and see the fight we endured. Just know how much help and support you have been for us throughout our journey. Hold on, cause good things happen! Love you Steph and Odette :)
ReplyDelete