"Your going along in life and POOF"
That is what they say in Harry Potter and it sure does seem to fit life. You never know what the next poof will be. In our case, this week has been one of those poofs. Our unscheduled visit to the hospital has ended up to be an extended stay. I would say that Odette wanted to come and visit her friends here at the hospital because it had been over 5 weeks since our last stay, but when one of her buddies comes in, they aren't welcomed with a smile or a wave. She just clings to mommy and cries. She definitely isn't feeling her best.
Currently Odette has begun coughing a yucky cough. She is on oxygen because she can't hold her own. (It needs to be above 90 and she is around 85.) She is still having fevers at least twice a day, but fortunately nothing is growing in any of her blood cultures. She is on antibiotics just in case for the fevers. She is getting nupogen shots because her counts went to zero at the beginning of the week. Now they are 0.1-not much difference, but hopefully they will go up and her body can have a little help fighting this virus! I am sure her body aches and the only way she is comfy is curled up in my lap. At least she sleeps well like this and she looks so peaceful. (Once she starts Kindergarten is when I am planning on catching up on my sleep!)
Hopefully our next POOF will be to come home by Easter and Kathleen's birthday. I guess we won't hold our breath, but our fingers are definitely crossed that she will beat this virus soon.
Give her a squeeze for me! We're praying hard for you all.
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures! We are all praying that she gets to come home soon. Your house looks great I love your washer and dryer. I'm here if you ever need helpers to come clean again.
ReplyDeleteThe new pictures of your kids are BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm soo sorry to hear Odette is back in the hospital. We're praying for you here in AZ. Hope you make it home for Easter too!
ReplyDelete