Sunday, April 11, 2010
A trip to the Zoo.
Some of you may wonder why going to the zoo would be on our list of things to do. You might think to yourself, "Don't you live at the zoo anyway?!" We have been waiting for Odette's counts to be up so that we could do something as a family. We haven't gone and gotten out of the car together as a family for a very long time. We figured the best place to go would be somewhere outside so we weren't trapped inside with a bunch of germs. Besides, we have been waiting to see that new baby elephant since it was born!
The baby elephant was very cute and "small". The kids loved it and thought it was so cool when it climbed up and reached in its trunk to get some food. We also discovered that we, as a family, weigh similar to a baby elephant. I think it was Odette that put us up that high! (521 pounds in case you can't read it.)
Odette was having a great time, even though she had a mask on and was behind a bug net in the stroller. She waved at everyone and everything! Each time that she saw an animal she would say "dog, dog" and then growl. It was very cute. She loved the noise making elephant and so did Josselyn.
The last animal that we saw was the ape. Of course we all stood in front of the "Do you measure up?" sign. I am not sure how accurate it really is, but height wise and arm length, all of us measured up to be some sort of ape!
I am sure if we had gotten Odette out she would have been pretty close to the infant size ape! Josselyn thought it was great fun to try and be the same size as all of them!
It was great to get to spend some family time together. It was nice to have two adults instead of just one with the kids. I know that all the kids had a great time. The only regret I have is that I wish I had been brave enough to get some pictures of all the people that would walk by and stare at Odette. Some were pretty funny!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment