LIFE HAPPENS...HOW YOU REACT WILL DETERMINE THE OUTCOME.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Brandt turns 12!

I can hardly believe that the baby I dreamed of having for years, the one that would have me be called mother, is 12 years old!  It doesn't seem like that day was that long ago.  It is one of those days that will be forever ingrained in my memory, and one that I am thankful is there!  The fact that Brandt was a boy was a surprise for us.  He was born weighing exactly 7 pounds, 20 inches long with lots of really dark hair that has never fallen out.  He had the cutest cheeks that I just had to "pinch" them the second I saw them.  I was now the mother of the most adorable baby boy ever!

Some fun things about Brandt
  • His favorite color is blue--like BYU cougar blue.  He is lucky enough to even have his bedroom painted this color!
  • He is a fish.  Since the day he was born he has loved water.  When he can't be in a pool he is always trying to convince me to let him swim in my big bathtub!
  • He is the most thoughtful boy I know.  Always thinking of others and what he could do to make them happy.  He loves to bring home little treats and surprises for his sisters.
  • His favorite food is potato anything, just like his mother.
  • Brandt is the best speller I know!
  • I love that even though he is getting "old" he still wants me to cover him up and kiss him goodnight.
  • When life gets hard he is the first to remind us to say a prayer and everything will be all right.
  • Wants to be a lawyer when he grows up.
  • Has told me that he is going to earn 50 merit badges and his Eagle Scout by the time he is 13!  Obviously he is quite the goal setter!
  • He sure can eat a lot of food!!
 I am so grateful that Brandt is a part of our family forever.
  Happy Birthday to my Toad!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Brandt! I can't believe he was 4 when I met you guys. He's going to be an awesome Priesthood Holder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope it was a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete