LIFE HAPPENS...HOW YOU REACT WILL DETERMINE THE OUTCOME.

Sunday, July 19, 2009

I Did It!!

As most of you know Odette has had to have a feeding tube for the past few weeks because she was loosing so much weight-3 pounds to be exact. It is quite a nuisance and to be quite honest, ugly. However, it has proven to be useful to sneak in all of her drugs and the formula she needs, so she has almost regained her weight. She thinks she is being sneaky and will reach her fingers up to get it frequently. Well, today she was successful! She got it out twice! Now, I was okay with playing doctor and giving her all her medicines (After all, some of my family think I am always giving my kids drugs-benedryl), so that was no big deal and Ken is okay with giving Odette her shots, but to put the tube back in...well, I got brave and the nurse said it was no big deal--after it took them an hour at the hospital, I had my doubts--so I pushed it in. She was not happy with me, but it is what is best for her and she'll know that some day. You can tell from the picture she was very proud of herself when she got it out!

2 comments:

  1. Nice work to you and Odette! I'm sure that won't be the last time you have to put it in. Glad things are going fairly smoothly for you. Enjoy the time at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not fun, but definitely helpful. I remember the first time I had to do it. Hopefully she will not start to do it all of the time!

    ReplyDelete