LIFE HAPPENS...HOW YOU REACT WILL DETERMINE THE OUTCOME.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Money Money Money

Okay, so we are having a competition. We just got our first itemized billed for our first stay at the hospital. Whoever guesses the closest to the amount billed-this is before insurance pays their part(at least I hope so!)-can pay our bill! I'm just kidding! I just about fell over when I read the amount, so make sure you are sitting down while reading this. Are you ready?

$111,512.37

Anyone guess close? My guess was half of that and I knew everything that she had recieved in the 27 days we were there! So my advise to all of you...if you think that you are prepared, think again! Our rule was always to have $1000 per person in a savings account for an emergency. Obviously this is not enough. However, the nice thing is you can always be prepared completely for other things. You can have a year supply of food, clothes and of course toliet paper! When push comes to shove you will definately want some TP! I know that since we are prepared physically and monitarily the best we could be, we will be blessed. Might not be getting the latest and greatest for scrapbooking or sewing for a while, but we will have enought to make it through the rough times.

So, save those pennies you suck up in the vacuum cleaner! You might need them some day and besides that, they aren't good for your vacuum!

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! You've just barely beat us in how much we've paid in invitro procedures over the last 6 years. ;) Gotta love medical expenses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about your insurance but if you can get the individual dr to hold off on their billing until the hotpitals go through your insurance may pay more, at least that is what my mom was told when I was at primary's as a teenager for a lengthy stay.

    ReplyDelete