- At 9:45 today she is scheduled to have her current central line removed.
- Put in a PIC line. This is just a temporary access in the arm so that Odette doesn't have to get poked each time a blood sample is needed or her antibiotics are administered (4 times a day).
- No growth in the blood cultures for 48 hours.
- Put in a new central line after the blood cultures are clear-hopefully by Friday.
- Monitor Odette for 24 hours.
- Hope her blood counts start coming up.
- Go home. (I'm not going to jinx me in this department.)
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
The Plan
Odette is still growing things in her blood cultures, which means that somewhere the infection is "hiding". This occurs when the infection is usually in the central line itself and the antibiotics are just pushed pasted it and that is not enough to get rid of it. So here is the plan:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good luck! You'll both be in our prayers extra this week!
ReplyDeleteSteph
ReplyDeleteI just want to tell you how much of an example you are and have been for me. I am thankful for others who experience what I go through. It gives me strength to see how strong others truly are. You are a strong woman and a awesome mother. Thanks so much for your concern and friendhip. It has meant more than I have probaly shown. Hang in ther darling Odette and Mom!
Lacey
Hope everything goes well! We're praying for you.
ReplyDelete