LIFE HAPPENS...HOW YOU REACT WILL DETERMINE THE OUTCOME.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Ten Months

Ten months ago today:

I didn't even know how to get to Primary Childrens hospital.
Now, I could drive here with my eyes closed.

I knew leukemia was cancer.
Now, I know in detail how it works and how to treat it.

I thought the best pain killer was tylenol.
 Now we aren't even allowed to use it - oxycodone is better.

All the faces at the hospital were unknown.
 Now they are some of my best friends.

The white hospital walls were lonely
 Now I know I can decorate to my hearts content.

I would push the nurse button for everything because I was uncertain of what was going on. 
Now I push it because I only want to be the nurse at home!

Getting Odette a feeding tube seemed unreasonable. 
Now I know it is the best way to help her.

Listening to the Dr. talk was frustrating because I didn't speak his/her language.
Now I have knowlege and can speak in medical lingo.

Puke was something that Odette never had done.
Now if it doesn't happen daily I am surprised but celebrating.

I missed the flowers at my house that were just beginning to bloom.
Now, I get to enjoy the new blossoms from my living room window.

I knew medical bills could be expensive.
Now I know why people put jars out with faces at the Artic Circle.

Projects and perfection mattered to me.
Now, I know my family and doing my best are what is important.

We were the new diagnosis.
Now, my heart breaks each time I hear the words "new diagnosis".

"How am I going to do this?", was my main question and concern.
Now, the answer to this question is through YOU and the SAVIOR I will do this.

A "year" of treatment seemed like an eternity.
Now it is only 3 months away.

Tears came freely.
Now, they still do.

There was much fear.
Now faith has replaced it.

The darkness that engulfed me when I got the news was tangible.
Now, hope prevails and light surrounds me.

I wished that this wasn't happening to me and my family.
Now, I am grateful for the blessings I have received.

3 comments:

  1. No lie, reading this gave me cold chills from my shoulders to my toes. What a BEAUTIFUL post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've all come a long way and continue to be an inspiration. I hope the road only gets easier for Odette from here on out... "Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim."...sorry couldn't help myself. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to read your posts because it's like reading my own thoughts! You are getting there and let me tell you it is so sweet! We are coming Tuesday to see you guys.

    ReplyDelete