LIFE HAPPENS...HOW YOU REACT WILL DETERMINE THE OUTCOME.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

This week

THIS WEEK
  • Has been out of control crazy!
  • I haven't been able to find a computer to work.  If I find one it works until I need to put a password in, or the one I have now is missing a lot of "stuff" on my screen.  (Sorry if this post looks retarded!)
  • Odette finished her five days of chemo with only one puke and only one tube replacement!
  • Odette has made a new friend with a little boy who they call Critter.  He is a precious little boy that for his first birthday got diagnosed with AML.  Odette grabbed his hand and started talking to him right away.  It was almost like she was telling him everything about the hospital and that all will be ok.
  • Brandt is anxiously awaiting going to Clear Creek on Monday-we actually got him packed on Wednesday!
  • Kathleen can hardly wait for the next girl scout meeting because they are putting on a play for all us parents!  She is also so very excited for day camp with her scout friends in May.
  • Josselyn is no longer allowed to eat chocolate because it affects her just like her daddy--she is even more naughtly and mischevious than usual.  ( I know, you didn't think that it was possible!)
  • The kids and a great friend helped me to plant asparagus.  Hopefully it won't die while I am away.  Brandt assures me that he will take good care of it!
  • Odette's counts still haven't dropped.  We are waiting for them to drop and then we give her some nupogen shots until they start coming back up and we can go home!
  • I discovered the best cookies-they are like oreos dipped in chocolate.  Mmmmm....no wonder I look like I do!
  • Odette is still walking the hallways and smiling and waving at eveyone.  She melts everyones hearts, including mine every time she says hi and does her big cheese smile.  (When I can get pictures I will.)
  • Odette's other favorite place of the hospital is sitting in her window seal watching the cars.  We have a view of the parking garage.
I'm glad this week has come to an end, and I am so excited for next week.  That light at the end of the tunnel actually is there and is getting brighter every day!  Thanks to all of you who are hanging in there with us until we reach that light!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Adam's going to be a counselor at Clear Creek for two weeks this summer! I didn't realize they were sending kids up this early. I love the mental images of Odette holding Critter's hand and telling him all about the hospital, and of her saying hi to everyone as she walks up and down the hallway. It melts my heart and I don't even get to witness it first hand! And poor, poor, poor, poor, poor, poor, poor, poor POOR Josselyn! Hope you get home soon!

    ReplyDelete