LIFE HAPPENS...HOW YOU REACT WILL DETERMINE THE OUTCOME.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Whirlwind





What a whirlwind of a weekend! It started out crazy, but my feelings tell me that everything was as it was suppose to be. It is weird to think at the time that life is rough and awful, but look back, even 24 hours later and realize that someone is watching over you and everything was exactly how it should be that was best for you and your family.

I thought the weekend was ruined when we had to take Odette back to the hospital. My mom was coming to go to my cousins wedding. The last time I saw my mom was when we found out Odette was sick and I spent all the time in the hospital and she was at home with my kids. I definately didn't want it this way.

It worked out differently. Ken was, amazingly, off for the weekend, so he stayed with Odette. He had great nurses to take care of him and Odette and they were able to give her a shot that helped her counts to go up. Ken miraculously had enough energy and patience to take care of a sick, grumpy baby with only an hour of sleep!

A great friend took my kids on Saturday, even though they were grumpy and exhausted from the excitement the night before and my mom and I were able to go to my cousins wedding. It was absolutely wonderful and the bride absolutely beautiful! (Glad I didn't have to wear such a heavy dress, but it was gorgeous!) Made me wish to be young and carefree again...maybe retirement will be a little like that?! On the way home, my mom and I even snuck in a quick Christmas shopping trip. (Think I am almost ready...now what about their birthdays next week?!)

This morning, Ken called and said that Odette had woke up happy and laughing. The $1 that my mom had spent on the baby doll had paid off- she was trying to kiss, hug, beep its nose and give it medicine with the syringe-she was coming home! No more grumpy gus! Whatever it was that was bugging her had evidently gone away. Grandma was able to see her and love her. She was so happy, silly, smiley and talkative. So terrific to have my happy baby girl back with the rest of the gang! Now, do you think we can make it until wednesday?! I am sure that whatever is suppose to be will be.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love that picture of Odette and your Mom. THAT'S the smile I like to see on little Odette's face!!!

    ReplyDelete