LIFE HAPPENS...HOW YOU REACT WILL DETERMINE THE OUTCOME.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Best Buddies


 Anyone who knows Josselyn will completely understand and imagine this post.  Each day I anticipate when I will hear, "Good morning momma, I waked up!"  Josselyn is quite the character and you never know what you will get from her, good, bad or ugly.  (Jumping on anything-couches or beds and drawing on everything are her recent favorites.)  Once Josselyn is awake, it is a guarentee that Odette will be awake and, unless I "hide" Josselyn from her, there will not be a nap taken all day!  When the two of them are together, there is non-stop giggling.


Today was exactly that...lots of giggles and silliness.  We were downstairs in one of my favorite rooms in the house-my sewing/scrapbook room.  I had told the girls that I needed to finish a dress that 7 months ago I had started for a neighbor.  (If I didn't, it wouldn't be fitting her.)  Josselyn decided that they were going to play princess-what else do girls play?  She saw some stickers that she said was a crown and stuck them to Odette's head.  When asked why she didn't put the "crown" on her head she replied, "I have hair so it won't stay on-duh!" 

Next was the "scary" part that actually, lately is a common occurance...Josselyn picked up Odette to carry her to her throne.  Josselyn thinks she is the real big sister who can pick up Odette because, "she is a little baby mom, I can carry her."  She made it to her throne safely, where I let her rule for long enough to snap a picture.  I then convince Josselyn that she could lay Odette on a carriage-the blue cutting mat- and pull her all around.  They were entertained by this and they played for the two hours I needed to finish the project!

I was worried about having another baby, but now I can totally see why it happened.  Odette and Josselyn are made for each other.  They each make one another laugh and smile and make it through the day until their "guys" are home from school.  When they get a little bigger, I am going to be in trouble because they will work well together to plot grand schemes I am sure, but for now I am content to enjoy their imagination and laughter every day.

3 comments:

  1. i wanted so badly to have such a relationship with my sister as a child, but there were too many years separating us. I hope to create such an opportunity for Aryn. She loves these pictures and got excited to see the girls. Aryn has the same shirt as Josselyn.
    thinking of your two youngest girls brings a smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute! I love having my two boys close together in age. I'm sure the girls will be best of friends and worst of friends when they get older! I had a sister who was a couple of years younger than I and we were best buddies until about puberty, then hated each other for a while, and then were really close in high school again. It was so fun!

    ReplyDelete