LIFE HAPPENS...HOW YOU REACT WILL DETERMINE THE OUTCOME.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Thoughts

It is funny how prayers are answered.  Lately, I have been praying about lots of things, one thing in particular and that is to see the hand of the Lord in my life.  This way, I am easily able to count my many blessings and more easily be able to find the joy and peace in my life that I am in desperate need of.  In practically everything I read, hear in music or on a movie or am told by a friend, I am being shown what I need to see.  I would like to share a couple of things with you.

The first one, if you made it to your class a few Sunday's ago you probably heard it.  "We learned that all of us would have trials in our lives: sickness, disappointment, pain, sorrow, and death.  But we understood that these would be given to us for Our experience and our good.  IF we ALLOWED them to, these TRIALS would PURIFY us rather than defeat us.  They would teach us to have endurance, patience and charity."  (That is a really big if that we get to choose the consequence to.)

The second one came from a book I have been reading.  I am always really tired and sometimes lack any motivation to do anything, then I read this: "Of course you's tired.  We's all tired!  But you ain't got no choice.  You didn't pick this race...you was CHOSEN for it, and there ain't nobody said it was gonna be easy.  They'll be times when you'll be hot and tired and nearly dead, and nobody will even offer you a cup of cold water...but some will, and they'll offer just enough to keep you's runnin'.  They won't be a lot of peoples along the way, but they'll be some..."  ( I know I'm not black, but you can still apply this to any race...) 

The last one I heard while watching Pollyanna with the kids for family movie night.  Abraham Lincoln said, "When you look for the bad in mankind expecting to find it, you surely will."  I am sure that you can change that to the opposite and "look for the good" and that is what you will find. 

Life, definitely isn't easy, but I know that I have people bringing my family "cold water" if you will.  I know that looking for the good is one way to find true happiness and I am praying my heart out that I am letting my trials purify, rather than defeat me.

2 comments:

  1. Well said. you definitly get a "penny for your thoughts". I like the quote about our trials purifing us rather than defeating us...IF we allow it to. Thanks girly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing that. I needed that. I love the thought of our trials purifying us. I wish they always did, I think eventually they do but it is hard to allow that sometimes. I feel defeated much more than I would like to. So it is a good reminder!

    ReplyDelete