LIFE HAPPENS...HOW YOU REACT WILL DETERMINE THE OUTCOME.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Healed

For our scripture study, the kids and I were reading about when the Savior was here on earth performing miracles.  He was walking in a crowd and a woman touched the hem of his garment and he asked "who touched me"?  He had felt his power and the woman was healed because of her faith.  I am sure that most of you are familiar with this story.  After we read, I try and teach the kids what we can learn and apply to our current lives from what we read.  This time the comment was made, "Mom, I wish that Jesus were here on the earth right now because we would find him and have Odette touch him."  (Personally I wish he were here too, because that would mean no more suffering for anyone.)  This comment dumbfounded me and I wasn't quite sure what to say.  I just said, "Me too." 

Later, I was thinking about this and realized, in a way Jesus is here.  We have the priesthood that can perform the same miracles that Jesus did while he was here on the earth previously if that is what is best for us.  When Odette was first diagnosed, she received a blessing.  After she had gotten her first treatment of chemotherapy and they checked for the first time for any signs of cancer, they said they could see none, her cancer is in remission.  It has stayed that way for every check for leukemia cells ever since.  Maybe Odette was "touched" by the Savior and healed.  I am sure that Odette has the faith needed as a perfect child straight from heaven, but as dumb, older humans, we don't know for sure this is the case.  So, we have to finish all of our treatment "just to make sure".   Maybe, what the kids wished during scripture study, has already occurred.

1 comment:

  1. That's so true...Kids think of things so clearly sometimes!

    ReplyDelete