The Fourth of July has always had a special place in my heart.
Maybe it is because:
- It's the day after my birthday. I have always joked that all the fireworks were for me.
- I absolutely love my country. Wouldn't want to be anywhere else.
- I love patriotic music!
- The spirit I feel and the goosebumps I get when I see a flag at the beginning of a parade.
- It is an excuse to sew matching clothes for my kids. (I can still get away with this only on the fourth of July with the older kids.)
- Celebrating the men and women who fight for our freedoms we enjoy is an honor. Thank you to all of them who do what I can't do!
- I LOVE fireworks. Someday I may make it to the Stadium of Fire.
This year I have a new reason to add to my list.
Our family is celebrating another type of freedom.
Today, Odette is free from her chemo drugs!
She got her last dose this morning.
Another great reason celebrate today!
This Independence Day is like WAY better than that Independence Day when the President flew a jet to fight some aliens.
ReplyDeleteSo so so SO happy for you & your family. Odette is amazing, you ALL are amazing, congratulations!
And really great post, by the way. :)