LIFE HAPPENS...HOW YOU REACT WILL DETERMINE THE OUTCOME.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Pioneer Day

Yesterday we celebrated Pioneer day.  It was a wonderful relaxing day spent with family and friends.  In the morning we were in the neighborhood parade.  I couldn't convince Brandt to dress up at all, however all us girls dressed up in some pioneer costumes.  We made Kathleen a horse by taping her stick horse to her scooter.  It was a very cool horse.  We made it walking through most of the parade and got breakfast at the end-YUM!  At the end of the celebration the kids were  pleased to know that they had won a prize for "The best Get-up!"  The best prize for me was that we got to drive home...we had walked, and walked and walked and walked already!  I definitely wouldn't have made it as a real pioneer!

Later in the afternoon, we went over to be part of our friends in American Fork celebrations.  We swam and played on a huge blow up water toy.  We had yummy food and did lots of fireworks, that had a big explosion in the middle!  The kids had a lot of fun playing with kids their age.  Even Odette got wet!  I think I have another fish in the family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment