Ever been in a really long, dark tunnel?
You thought that you would never make it to the end.
Every now and then you think you see a flicker of light, but then it is gone.
That is how a lot of life over the past year has been.
A little flicker of hope, but still complete darkness in the tunnel.
There was no end.
I was never going to make it out into the sunshine...
or so I thought.
And then today
Today, Odette pulled me out of that dark tunnel.
I was completely immersed in sunshine.
From my head to my toes.
The sun was so bright and warm, it dried up all my tears.
My heart was so very full.
I was doing my very happy, happy dance.
I am so very proud of Odette's accomplishment.
She showed me what life was all about.
She helped me learn so much.
And through it all, she has been an AMAZING GIRL
A FIGHTER
MY HERO.
Today Definitely is a
Zip a dee doo dah Day.
Thank you Odette for showing so many of us what life is all about.
Odette with her R.T.U. Buddies.
She was happy when she woke from anesthesia today!
And she was showing off how good she can walk, even on the cold hospital floors.
Odette playing with one of her other friends.
Odette getting her Off Treatment Gift from the Oncology Clinic.
They all sang to Odette.
It was great!!
And this time, Odette got to ring the bell for being "DONE, DONE"
No more chemo treatments ever.
She has won her fight!
There is plenty of sunshine coming her way!
What a WONDERFUL Day!!
Oh what goods news! I am so happy I am crying. There are good things that come when you have faith! I would love to see your happy dance :)! Hold onto to these happy thoughts forever! You and Odette are amazing and so strong!
ReplyDeleteYou both look soooo good in the pictures! I am so happy for you! Life after cancer are my favorite stories!
ReplyDeleteI have tears of joy rolling down my cheeks! I am so happy you can put this behind you. You have all fought a great fight and the victory is yours. Congratulations! May the coming years be full of sunshine and peace.
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you I cried. Many happy wishes going your way.
ReplyDeleteWAHOO!! Way to go, Odette!! Way to go, Stephanie! So so happy for you and your family!!! I'm happy dancing too. :)
ReplyDeleteYea!!!!! I'm so happy for your family!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! What an inspiration Odette is, and YOU are, too! Your posts really lift me up and help me remember the good things in life. Thank you, and congratulations again!
ReplyDelete