LIFE HAPPENS...HOW YOU REACT WILL DETERMINE THE OUTCOME.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Make Up Your Mind!

Eight weeks ago we very excitedly left the hospital to begin our maintenance treatment.  The nurse that had been following us as inpatients, called and said she wasn't going to be following us anymore because all of our treatment would be through the clinic.  I am sure that you can all imagine my excitement.   A drive to the hospital, even if it was for five days in a row seemed like nothing...still eat my own food, sleep in my own house (I would say bed, but that isn't always the case.) and see all my precious little people every day.  The last time we went in for treatment, they had me make my appointment for the first of February.  They assured me that "Yes, you will just come to the clinic."  Yesterday, I called to find out Odette's blood counts because they were  being slow and I thought that she might be low on platelets because she has bruises up and down her legs.  (I was wrong, she was at 239.  It is just all the crawling around causing her knees to be black and blue.)  They informed me then that they thought we would be in-patient next week for treatment, but would ask our Dr.  Today, because I am impatient, I called and guess what?  Odette's doctor is on vacation for two weeks!  (Who gave him permission to do that! :))  So now, it is a debate.  The past says she should be in, but lots of people do it out....They said by Thursday we will know for sure.  What a pain.  I want what is best for my little "Better Detters" so of course I will take her in for the week, however it sure would be nice if they could figure it out soon-it's not like I have nothing else to take care of!

1 comment:

  1. That is so frustrating Steph! I sure hope they can get it all figured out for you... doesn't the dang dr have a phone? :)

    ReplyDelete