LIFE HAPPENS...HOW YOU REACT WILL DETERMINE THE OUTCOME.

Friday, January 29, 2010

POP POP POP

Being in fifth grade means you get to participate in the science fair.  This is often a very long and tedious project.  (The parents usually do more work than the kid as I recall.)  We started at the very beginning of the year.  Since I knew that I was going to be gone to the hospital and not much help, Brandt and I picked something that he could do easily by himself.  He decided that he would air pop two different kinds of popcorn and compare them to decide which one was the best one.
 
He ran his experiment three times.  Our house was full of popcorn!  Good thing that everyone likes to eat it and that it is a healthy snack when it doesn't have tons of butter and salt on it.  He did a great job.  His only problem he ran into was burning up our popcorn popper (it was 10 years old already anyway!) and so our family benefited with a new popper from his hard work!  He discovered that really either kind of popcorn is good, just depends on everyone's taste-buds.  No one in our house could tell the difference, even though they all said that they could!

 
Brandt worked really hard and was awarded four stars for his project.  He was quite upset when he didn't get to go onto the next science fair and told me, "It's your fault mom because I had to do a stupid project.  Next year, I am going to do something awesome."  So last night he started thinking about what he is going to do.  He is definitely a perfectionist and very competitive when it comes to how smart you are. (He tells me quite frequently that he doesn't want to end up a fry cook at McDonalds when he is older.  I don't think he has anything to worry about there!)  I can't wait to see what he comes up with next year...

4 comments:

  1. Way to go Brandt!! Well done doing the project all by yourself! That is more that most of the kids probably could say. You are amazingly smart, and I'm proud of how hard you work. Miss ya handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always us moms faults isn't it??? I thought it was a great project! Makes me want to go eat popcorn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes he has no worries of being a fry cook! :)

    I am dreading that next year, hopefully dad will step up at our house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great, Brandt!! I'm super impressed that Brandt did this all by himself!! I did this same experiment last summer for my science class (I loved eating it later).

    ReplyDelete