So I use to watch ER and when they would say Code Blue, I really thought that it was something just for the movie. (Yes, I really am that naive, just ask my husband!) Anyway, since being at the hospital and actually hearing them call "CODE BLUE" over the PA system and hearing the stampede of feet, I have decided that that is one of the absolute worst parts of being here at the hospital. Everytime I hear it, my heart stops and I cling to my little Odette praying that it will not ever be for her room.
I am so greatful for Odette's condition. I hear so many people talking, or they stop and ask me what is wrong with Odette and I tell them, to which they reply my daughter is three, has a brain tumor that is inoperable and they give her 1 year to live. To this I break down with tears and realize that my situation is so much "better" than many others here, to which I am very greatful! It also makes me think everytime I hear this "Am I doing what I need to do with and for my children?" "What if I was to get the news today that I had a few weeks to live or one of my kids only had a little while? Would they have the knowledge and love they need to endure to the end?" Kids need our love and attention. Am I so caught up in having a perfect house, sewing the cute matching dresses or trying to keep up with my scrapbooking that I am missing out on what I should do and what my kids really need? I have decided that they need someone to fingerpaint with them, swing on the swings with them and simply enjoy life with them and love them. Who really cares if the girls all have matching dresses. They care whether they were loved and played with--memories last forever!
This made me think, maybe I am experiencing "Code Blue" in other areas of my life. Am I done breathing in areas of scripture study, prayers and teaching my children what they need to know to live happy successful lives? I surely hope not after my current experiences I want my family to know that I love them and have a testimony that we are loved also by a Father in Heaven who longs for us to come back to him successful. We can do this if we but endure...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beautifully said, Steph. It brings tears to my eyes and memories to my mind that tend to get buried. It's hard to feel those things, but the wake up call is always a blessing. So glad to see your spiritual strength. Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteIt couldn't be put more perfectly Stephanie! What a great testimony to your children!
ReplyDeleteI cry every time I read your posts!! Thanks for your sweet words!!
ReplyDeleteStephanie, you really are a pillar of strength. Pillars need a good foundation to stand on, and you have one. May God continue to bless you all.
ReplyDelete