We have been at home for the last 4 days! It has been great to have the family all together under the same roof. It has also been a great healing process for everyone. Odette is doing great-has only puked twice, which is amazing! She smiles, laughs, plays, cuddles with the kids and yes even tried to eat something in her mouth! I know it was just licorice but she put it in there where nothing ever goes except her thumb, so I figured any progress was good! The only problem we had with the licorice is that while she tried to jam it in her mouth, it went up under her feeding tube, and yes you guessed it, pulled the tube out! This doesn't bother me as much as it use to and I just laughed and put it back in...yes, me being at home has made me feel much more human and better as well. Kendall watched all the kids so that for two nights for a couple of hours I was able to sort of scrapbook-now I really am in the mood to do something crafty, so much so that I packed a craft bag to take to the hospital! The big kids are all much happier when we are at home as well. We had a great time playing games, getting to have friday movie night (a tradition that the kids thought was lost), getting to do homework together in the same room, hugs and kisses and yes, eggs for breakfast!! All in all, a great week at home!
Tomorrow we will be returning to the hospital to start the re-induction phase of Odette's chemotherapy. It is about a three week long process which entails, all happening tomorrow, a spinal tap, bone marrow aspirate and eco-something(a detailed scan of her heart) as well as three different chemo drugs--YUCK!! My poor Odette doesn't even know it is coming...I guess this is a good thing because she still loves to smile and laugh at the doctors and nurses. Hopefully this means that Kindergarten shots won't be a huge ordeal!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ecocardiogram? probably spelled that wrong...I'll say a prayer that the day isn't too awful or overwhelming for Odette. Best wishes.
ReplyDelete