LIFE HAPPENS...HOW YOU REACT WILL DETERMINE THE OUTCOME.

Monday, August 3, 2009

Healthy and Happy



Odette is finally healthy and happy! Just in time to start her round of chemo tomorrow. Today she finally laughed, giggled, smiled, rolled over and tried to eat some real food! It is so sad to know that tomorrow it will all be different again. She is getting a chemo that runs over a 24 hour period of time. Last time she got this one, it took a week of puking and a week of slow feeds to get her happy again. I am not looking forward to this, however the sooner it happens that sooner we will be to the maintenance phase which means chemo isn't as often or as harsh...probably at least six months away. I know that time will pass quickly...it has already been 6 weeks of this two year journey...37 days in the hospital. I think we will definately have a baby worth a million dollars when this is all done!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you found me! I'm gonna throw a little link-love your way...hope it's okay! :) GOOD LUCK tomorrow! I'll be praying for you all.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad she is feeling better, just to start all over! You are amazing and your attitude has taught me so much. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings! I have been thinking and praying for you! I hope if you need anything you will call! I am so glad to be your visiting teacher! Good Luck and through the Lord all things are possible. You are so strong and amazing, Odette is so lucky to have a great Mom!
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to let you know that you are still and always will be in my thoughts and prayers. hopefully things will go better this time around. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete