LIFE HAPPENS...HOW YOU REACT WILL DETERMINE THE OUTCOME.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Another Doctor Visit

I have always said that with Josselyn there is never a dull moment.  Right now I am wishing that I hadn't jinxed myself by saying this.  It seems that every time I turn around, she is eating chap stick, climbing on top of the fridge to get something that I have hidden from her, sneaking into her big sisters bedroom to get the "cool" stuff (makeup or markers), emptying the dress-up boxes all over the living room, changing her clothes for the 100th time that day, sneaking out the back door to torture the dog, eating all the candy/chocolate that she can find or getting into the DVD's to start her a show.  (This list could go on and on!)  If I am lucky only one of the above happens per day, but on weeks like we have had, we make it to the end of the list by lunchtime!  

Last weekend, Josselyn unfortunately got her hand slammed in the van sliding door on the way to the ward activity.  Lucky for us, nothing was broken and she just needed to wear a brace for the swelling to go down.

This week has been crazy with her...I think it is the two boxes of orange sticks that she snuck and ate!  Today, while calling the doctor to ask about Odette's ears I went in the other room so I could hear because the kids were getting their snack-always a loud affair.  After I hung up I hear, "get mom Josselyn, there is a lot of blood!"  I run into the kitchen and Josselyn has blood all over her same hand that got squished in the door, a butter knife on the floor and a baby bottle pop candy in the other hand.  Yes, she had cut her hand trying to open up the candy.  Immediately Brandt handed me the phone as I was telling him how to hold Josselyn's hand to get it to stop bleeding.  Kathleen was crying and starting to get in the car already.  (I think they know the routine by now!)  Josselyn screamed the entire way to the doctors office and most of the time we were there.  (Thanks to our great camera man Brandt!)

They cleaned the wound and decided it needed stitches.  This meant a shot.  "I don't want a shot!  I don't want a shot!", could probably be heard clear down in the waiting room.
Once they numbed it with the shot she calmed some, but was very intent on watching what they were doing instead of concentrating on the movie they had turned on for her.  She was afraid of the scissors.
Two stitches later, a few pink suckers, a cool bandaid and a big hug from dad, she was all better.  Hurray for the color pink and daddy's magic touch!  She is now the proud owner of a cool story to share with one and all that will come into contact with her in the next couple of days! 

1 comment:

  1. With a butter knife?! Holy cow! I feel so bad for her (and you!), but you have to give props to Brandt. Those pictures he took of Joss are so awesome! The crying ones are great, and then you scroll down to the one where she's lying down and screaming. Ah, the memories you're making. :) Hope your weekend is quiet and drama free!

    ReplyDelete