LIFE HAPPENS...HOW YOU REACT WILL DETERMINE THE OUTCOME.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Bigger than Life!

On Friday, the kids were out of school.  With the nice weather we had been having, we had planned to go to the zoo and take Odette to see all the animals for the first time.  However, the weather changed all that.  We had a blanket of snow when we awoke, so our plans changed.  It was the best packing snow we have had in a while (at least since I have been at home and able to play in it!). 
 
Brandt and Kathleen had the job of rolling all the snowballs and Katie and I had to use our strong muscles and lift them up.  They were way heavy!  I didn't think that snow could weigh that much!  We had to use the sleds as leverage to pick some of them up!  After each snowball, the kids said, "It needs one more"!  We lost plenty of heads rolling up and over the top!  In the end, we ended up with "Bigger than Life" snowmen.

 
Katie showing us just how big around the snowmen are.  The one behind her earned the title, "The leaning Snowball of Italy".  Needless to say, when the sun came out an hour later, it was the first one to fall over!

 
Kathleen made a family of snowmen, using the sage brush weeds as hair.  They turned out cute.
Once the kids (probably more like mom) were done building snowmen, it was onto the sledding.  (I could just be the picture taker.)

 
Kathleen and Josselyn fit perfectly onto the sled.  However, sledding wasn't enough.  Kathleen, I kid you not, decided she could snowboard on the sleds.  Brandt and Katie of course were very thrilled with this idea!  None of them made it down the hill very gracefully!

 
  
  
 The snow activities ended with a grand snowball fight!  It was a great day in the snow-living life!  Although Odette just watched from the inside with her dad, she still was very happy to have everyone together.  I am sure our trip to the zoo will come soon.  After all, spring is just around the corner...right?!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for Odette! I haven't seen you here in the hospital. Hope she is doing well. I love to read the blogs of the friends we have met here.

    ReplyDelete