LIFE HAPPENS...HOW YOU REACT WILL DETERMINE THE OUTCOME.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Music Appreciation

This month at the elementary school is Music Appreciation Month.  Yesterday Kathleen's piano class was asked to play music during the lunch period.  She practiced and practiced this last week.  There wasn't even any tears!  When she got up yesterday morning, she said she was really nervous.  I told her I had a surprise.  I had found her a dress for a dollar that she really liked.  She was so excited that she forgot about being nervous and gobbled up her breakfast.  Brandt told her, "what if you mess up?"  She replied, "You just keep on going and pretend you didn't."  His question didn't worry her at all.  (Yeah for simple distractions!)
She obviously followed what she told Brandt.  When they came home, the first thing that both of them said was "that was awesome"!  She loved playing on stage at the school.  I think this was great practice for her.  Maybe it will be some motivation to keep practicing.  Then she will have plenty of chances to do it again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment