We made lots of banana bread one day. To be exact it was 6 large loaves and 9 baby loaves! Why you ask? I love bananas, but I would buy some and then end up at the hospital and no one else would eat them, so they would get stuck in the freezer. Needless to say, my freezer was overflowing with frozen bananas! Now it is just the bread!
We organized all of the medical bills and paperwork from the year 2009. That was a mess!
The girls played in the tub. This is one of Odette's favorite things, and since she has the pick line in, it is a much easier thing to do than before.Katie has a best friend named Kya that came over a few times. Josselyn loved her and was obsessed with her hair. She played beauty parlor and put as many clips in as she could find!
Katie is obsessed with pictures of feet. She and Brand went down to the lake one night to check out the ice. Good thing it didn't start to melt until two days later!
We drove through the car wash. This made Josselyn really nervous, but she loved it when the soap we got hit with was pink!
The park was great fun. Brandt kept going down the slide and then shocking Katie. In a video she made on her camera, you could hear the electricity!
Odette always thought that she was very special when she got Aunt Katie's phone. Her goal every day was to try and get it. She figured out that if she would cry loud enough, Katie would just give it to her! She isn't spoiled at all!
Katie is going to school in culinary arts in Denver. Why on earth would I want to cook while she was here? We made a couple of yummy desserts, hence my ever growing spare tire! One is called buckeyes and they are made out of peanut butter. The other ones are Oreo "things". I can't remember the correct term. These were awesome and I am sure to make them again. Josselyn like them, so much so that she took a bit out of each one to insure that she got them all! (It didn't work, but don't tell her that!)
We celebrated Katie's 20th birthday! She is my youngest sister, and now I no longer have any teenage siblings. I feel really old now! She didn't hesitate to rub in the fact that I am old!
Katie taught Brandt how to long board and guess what he wants for his birthday now? Guess I better start saving those pennies and watch KSL closely!
I forgot to take a before and after picture, but Katie helped me with something that has been bugging me for at least six months and that is my yard. We got all the dead winter stuff cut off and raked up. The only thing we couldn't quite finish was the trimming of some of the bushes because we couldn't reach far enough off the rock wall. It sure does look a lot better. Now I am in the mood to pull out all the grass that grew under the snow, just haven't figured out how and when to do that.
We delivered girl scout cookies. This is only half of what Kathleen sold, but as usual I forgot to take the picture when we had them all. She was so excited to sell 540 boxes of cookies, but wasn't as excited to deliver them all after the first night was over! I still have a few more to take out, but for the most part we are done! Hurray!!
Odette liked Kya also and crawled up on her back and just layed there. It was very cute.
We had a grand time with my sister being here and appreciate all that she helped us do. Ken and I went on two dates, one to lunch and the other to grocery shop. (Grocery shopping is one thing we have always loved to do together, even though we spend way more money this way.) We also were able to take Odette to the urgent care when Josselyn pulled her elbow out of socket and come home to bathed kids and dinner. Having family is great and we are so thankful for the time we get to spend with them. Thanks Katie for coming-even though the risks are great!
Wow! This looks like the funnest 10 days created!! I love all the pictures. And if you want to send any of those delicious recipes my way please do! Oreos and peanut butter, I'm already drooling. I'm so glad you and Ken had a chance to go out together. Dan and I have only been able to do so about once every six months, but it is heaven to spend time together.
ReplyDeleteAlso, your new pictures on the side menus and top/title are so beautiful I started tearing. Kathleen looks radiant in them and I can't stop looking at them. Did Brooke come over to take those for you? They remind me of her blog. I love how all of her pictures make you feel LIGHT. If not you did a masterful job.
I want recipes! Those oreo truffles were so good, and what are the peanut butter things? (Cause I need a new peanut butter treat to keep
ReplyDeleteRob from kissing me.)
first of all I LOVE all the new pictures!! Nice job! second...what fun you had with Katie. I'm so glad that she came and you were able to do so much together. Good times! Looks like everyone was in heaven with her there.
ReplyDeleteLOVE, LOVE the new pictures! Your kids are darling. So fun you got to enjoy some time with your sister. It looks like you had a wonderful time!!
ReplyDelete