I haven't been in this situation, and I hope to never find myself there. However, a number of my friends have found themselves in exactly this situation. It is probably bad, but I almost always put myself in their shoes-I'm half way wearing them already. I think of what my feelings and emotions would be. What would I do? Then, as almost always happens, I hear a song in my mind. This time it is Live Like you were Dying. This music brings tears to my eyes as I realize all the things I would do are things that I should have been doing all along.
I should be:
- Living life with the people I love most. Taking time to enjoy doing things with them and not so concerned about things of non-importance.
- Telling people along the way how much I love them and thanking people for being great.
- Forgive instead of holding a grudge.
- Not be concerned about the material things of life. They don't go with you anyway.
- Be a good friend.
- Try a little harder to be the person I am suppose to be.
- Speak kinder of myself and others.
We are only human, we still make mistakes or have regrets. It's a matter of minimizing the regrets. Sometimes, knowing our time might be shorter than we'd hoped is a blessing....it is a lot easier to remember to make the most of our time together. Thereby, minimizing our regrets. I hope you never have to be faced with that situation. With all my heart I do.
ReplyDeleteRegret is inevitable! However as mentioned in the above comment, the goal is to minimize the regret. Take the time to stop and smell the roses. Life is full of simple joys if we will take the time to notice them. Then if and when the time comes we can look back and remember the joy, instead of focusing on the "what if's" and the "should have's".
ReplyDeleteHow do you do it? You put into words so gracefully what is on my mind all the time. Thank-you!
ReplyDelete